Saturday, September 19, 2009

Busy Day!

Wow! We had a very busy day yesterday! We started off by dropping Calvin off at school and then meeting up with our walking friends for the 3 mile loop around Duke golf course (hills with a stroller = a tough workout every time!). Then we went and waited while the car was serviced. After that, we went and met my friend Jenny at a thrift store by our house and found some fun things! We got this little popper-pusher toy for just 25 cents! The spring inside was broken, so I opened it up and fixed it! We got a few other toys, some books, and I got this really cute window frame I'm planning on using as a wall hanging in our bedroom. I want to add some pressed flowers to it, so I'll add some pictures later of the project. Here is Camden enjoying some of his new toys!

After the store, we came home and I was able to shower. Then we had to go pick up Calvin from school. When we got home, Camden took a nap and Calvin and I watched the new X-Men Wolverine movie. Then I had to go to a dr. appointment. When I got home from my appointment, we had to make some funeral potatoes for our ward social.

The ward social was fun. They had amazing southern bbq. Everyone brought "sterotypical mormon side dishes" including jello, salads, and funeral potatoes. I was lucky enough to win a prize for my beautiful dish. Thanks Winder's for the recipe!

After the social, we headed over to meet up with some of the LLM's from law school. These are the Duke Law students who are going to study in China next summer and some students from China who are studying at Duke for a year. We had more food and more fun. The party was held on a patio by a pool and Camden was going crazy wanting to jump right in the pool.

We then headed back home to get ready for salsa dancing! We got Camden to sleep and then took him over to our friends' house for a little sleepover while we were gone. Luckily he was out, so he didn't even wake up while we transferred him into a portable crib. Then my very nice husband took me to a club in Durham for Latin night! We learned a few salsa steps and moves and had fun trying those out! Calvin was very nice to do something that I really enjoy. We had a good time!

So, overall it was a jam-packed day! We're ready for a relaxing Saturday and a BYU game tonight. Go Cougars!

1 comment:

Chris and Em said...

How did you fit all that in one day!? Sounds fun! Hope your doing good.... Go Cougars! : )