Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving Vacation Time!

We had so much fun spending time together as a family last week! We started off the week on Monday with our family pictures. On Tuesday, we went and walked around the mall to see the Christmas decorations, picked up yummy pastries and rolls from Guglhupfs and watched Angels & Demons (which we really liked). On Wednesday, Calvin took us to see A Christmas Carol in 3D. I had been wanting to see it, but I hadn't been able to justify the cost of a ticket to a 3D show. Calvin got us out the door in time for a matinee, so that helped! Camden had fun with the glasses at first, but didn't keep them on long. I really liked it!


On Thursday, we had fun making pies and rolls and relaxing at home watching Leave It To Beaver. The shows are on Netflix instant play, so we watch them from our computer on the TV. They are so funny! We then went over and had a delicious Thanksgiving dinner at our friends' house. We also took the missionaries from our ward along. Everything turned out so good! I made two pies; a pecan and lemon meringue. It was my first time making both, and with Calvin's help, they turned out great! We ended up with a couple extra pie crusts because I pre-baked all the crusts I made and then realized I need a crust that was not pre-baked. On Saturday, I made some chocolate pudding and used one of the extra crusts. So easy and so good!

On Friday, Calvin made an attempt at doing schoolwork and drove to school, only to come back about a half hour later to spend some more time with us. I think it was really good for him to have a break as well. We took Camden to play at a park, then came back home because it was way too cold and the only one prepared for the cold was Camden! I told Calvin, at least I could take care of one person in our family! He then told me we must only be having one child then! Hopefully I can improve so that we can have some more kids :) We brought Camden home for a nap and took him out to another park later that afternoon. Friday night, we went to Sams Club and really stocked up on some things for our food storage. We made a total sweep and got flour, sugar, rice, oats, powdered milk, canned fruits and vegetables, water bottles, dry goods, etc to make sure we're prepared for the approaching winter. We then got it all organized in our attic and written down with expiration dates to make sure we rotate correctly. It feels good to be prepared!

On Saturday, it was all about FOOTBALL!
We went to the last Duke home football game at Wallace Wade Stadium. It was my first time there and I thought the stadium was awesome! It wasn't as big or as full as Lavell Edwards Stadium, but it was a lot of fun! We got to go right down to the front of the graduate student section. Camden had so much fun cheering, saying "Go, Go!" and he even got a high-five from the Duke Blue Devil. He was so cute clapping his little cougar-paw gloves.




After the Duke game, we stopped and picked up treats for our own little BYU vs U of U football game party. We had some hot dogs, cheetos (which Camden loved), homemade fries, and our chocolate pie. We were so surprised and excited that BYU pulled it off! Needless to say, we were a bit skeptical (see last year's score...). What a game!

And to top it all off, on Sunday we put up our Christmas decorations! We decorated our tree (the top half anyway, to try to keep Camden from bothering the tree) and put up some lights and a few other decorations. I'm so excited for the holidays! Happy holidays everyone! We love you!



2 comments:

Carrie said...

Sounds like you had a great week! I love the holiday season!

Marian said...

I want to see a picture of your top half Christmas tree! I'm glad you had such a good week!