Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Holiday Payback


 
 
I know it is now the middle of Decmber, but for the sake of posterity, I am going to try to catch up and post some pictures of Halloween!  You can think of it as payback for Christmas music playing in October and the stores with Christmas decorations before they even clear out the Halloween candy :)  
 
The boys had a lot of fun marching in the costume parade at the ward Halloween trunk-or-treat.  Camden even won an award for the scariest costume!  We told him that he had won the "Scariest Costume Award," and when he went to claim his paper certificate, he brought it back a little disappointed and said, "This is only a piece of paper, not a scary costume!" 

My Mom and Camden helped me paint these skeleton costumes with orange glow-in-the-dark paint.  I thought they turned out great and the boys looked so cute with their matching costumes.  It was so fun to have my parents and Calvin's Dad there to see the boys in their costumes!  We had fun passing out candy and enjoyed the chili cook-off (no, my chili didn't win, but it was close I'm sure) and the dry-ice rootbeer.



On the monday night before Halloween, we carved a pumpkin for Family Night.  Camden wanted a moon with stars like a design on the cutting tool Grandma sent him. 

 
 
Camden picked this crazy spider cake from the cakes that were set out with that week's free bread and bakery items that a lady in our ward gets from a local grocery store when they are about to expire.  It had a ton of frosting!  The tastiest part was the licorice legs. 

 



And here is the finished product!  It turned out great!

 
On Halloween night, we took the boys around a nearby neighborhood where they had so much fun trick-or-treating.  Coulton couldn't wait to eat the candy in his bag!!  He had to keep taking things out to eat along the way.  Camden had fun saying "Trick-or-Treat!".  I had fun loading up on candy for the boys to share with Mom and Dad...I may have been the one saying, "just one more house, please!" 


1 comment:

Heidi said...

Sound Like You Ashton! I remember when you were 5 and I let you eat as much candy as you wanted and you threw up because you ate so much! Mom