Saturday, July 9, 2011

Coulton Riley Winder

He has arrived! Coulton Riley Winder was born at 2:14 am, July 9, 2011. He weighed 8 lbs, 2 oz, and was 20 3/4 inches. I was fortunate enough to be induced on Friday at about 6 pm and we were able to hold him in our arms 8 hours later.














At 4:30 pm, I got the call I had been waiting for. The nurse at the hospital asked if I could be there in 30 minutes to be induced and I said yes! I called and emailed Calvin telling him to come home and pick me up, but when I didn't hear back from him, I had to call his office and get a secretary to track him down for me. I think I scared her a little when I said, this is Calvin's wife, and we need to go to the hospital! I guess she didn't know Calvin had a pregnant wife :)


I'll just give a few of the general details for those who are interested-if not, skip down for a few more pictures!


We got to the hospital and after all the checking in and getting ready, they started the pitocin around 6 pm. My doctor was the one on call that night, which was really nice. He broke my water around 9, I got an epidural around 10:30, and by midnight I was at a 7. In the next couple hours, I could tell I was getting close and I mentioned it to my nurse a few times, but she said she wouldn't check me again until 2 am because she should only check every 2 hours to lessen the risk of infection to the baby since my water had been broken. Well, I tried my best and waited it out and at 1:55 am, I called my nurse and told her I really thought it was time and that she should check. She checked and said, oh, you're at a 10, the baby's head is right there, I'll call the doctor. Even then, she told the doctor he could come in 5 minutes or so and that we would start pushing. It only took 9 minutes of pushing for Camden, so I knew it couldn't take long. She had me push through one contraction, then started on a second, but then she told me to stop-we needed to wait for the doctor. So then we waited while he got ready, and a couple minutes later-Coulton was born! My doctor did such a great job walking me through the pushing and taking it slowly-I didn't even need any stitches! I am so grateful. So that's the story! Now I'm just hanging out here in my recovery room, counting down the hours until we can go home. I feel really good and I am excited to be home with my boys!








This morning we were able to have some visitors!






Camden is already a wonderful big brother! He hopped right up and wanted to hold his little brother Coulton. He patted him, kissed him, and even sang songs to him. It was very cute.





We have been so lucky to have Brooklyn here helping us! I don't know what we would do without her. She has been patiently waiting for almost 2 weeks now to hold this little boy! What a wonderful aunt :)




We love our little boy very much! Keep watching for more pictures! Thank you to everyone for all of your love and support.


9 comments:

Heidi said...

Congratulations! Awesome pictures! We love you all so much! Can't wait to see you all! Love, Grandma E

Grandma said...

Oh! Oh! OH! What a darling boy!!
Love and Kisses to all!

Vhari said...

Ashton you're a champ! Congrats he's so cute. I'm happy he's here safe and all is well. I can't wait to meet him.

Marian said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you! He's beautiful. And I loved the pictures of Camden holding Coulton.

Lindsay said...

I'm so excited for you guys - CONGRATS!! Isn't it so fun to have 2 now? Seeing the boys as good big brothers is precious. Can't wait to meet Coulton in person!

Katie Nicole said...

Congratulations! I enjoyed looking at those pictures. I can't wait to meet him in person! Love you all!

Emily said...

Congrats Ashton! He is a cutie! Can't wait to see him when you guys get back to Durham!

Natalie said...

congrats!!!!!!

Mike and Lauren said...

Congratulations, Winders! That is so fun that you now have TWO little boys. You all look adorable and we are so happy for you guys!