Wednesday, November 12, 2008

'Twas the night before last...

when all through the house,
not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse;

The bottles were placed in the fridge with such care,
In hopes that no baby would need one from there;

Our family was nestled all snug in our beds,
While visions of sleeping 8 hours danced in our heads;
With us in our queen bed and Camden in his crib,
We hoped that this slumber would not be short-lived;

When I finally awoke to a small baby's chatter,
I opened my eyes to see what was the matter;
And what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But a clock that read six! I grinned ear to ear;

I knew in a moment we had slept through the night,
And Camden had finally gotten it right;
So with a wink of my eye and a nod of my head,
He knew there was surely nothing to dread;

He spoke not a word, but filled his small tummy,
And went back to sleep to the delight of his mummy;
Then I whispered so softly at that beautiful sight,
Happy sleeping to all, and to all, a long night!

4 comments:

Mike and Lauren said...

Fun poem Ash -- I'm glad he slept through the night!

DannyandAmy said...

You always were good with the poems... ;)

Heidi said...

Great poem and great photos of the BYU game. We can't wait to see you guys.

Love you lots!

Dad

Jaycie Allen said...

You're so talented. I'm proud of baby Camden!!