Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Swimming in Dirt!

I love this video! Camden was having so much fun at the park! It had rained the night before, so things were wet and I was trying to avoid having a very dirty little boy, but when I saw how much he enjoyed it, I couldn't say no!

Things are going well here in North Carolina! We've had fun the last week spending time with some new friends and continuing to learn more about our new home. Over the weekend, we went swimming, had some friends over to watch a movie (one of my favorites, Shanghi Noon), picked strawberries, and went to a stake field day. Camden really enjoyed the swimming pool and seeing the other little kids there. We were supposed to start a parent-tot swimming class today, but they only had one other person sign up, so they cancelled the class. I was so disappointed! Registration begins for a class at another place this Saturday, so hopefully we can get into that class. You have to go line up early to get a spot! I guess it is a lot more popular than the one I signed up for.

Calvin continues to be busy with his 3-year career as a Duke Law student. He really enjoys the classes and the material and is working hard to be right there at the top of his class. He has read about a million cases so far and only has five and a half more weeks of class for the summer! Because they are completeing 9 credits in such a short time period, he has to work hard and fast! He is such a sweet husband. He goes to school from about 7:30-5:30 every day, then comes home and spends the evenings with Camden and me. I'm really grateful that he takes the time to spend with us too!

And for this week...my mom is here! I am so excited to spend the week with her! We picked her up at the airport late last night. She is here visiting while my little sisters are at Girls Camp and my dad is busy taking furniture and supplies up to the new cabin at the lodge.

We are really enjoying North Carolina and are excited to be here!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

He is so cute! I'm glad you let him get dirty! Sorry I haven't called you back...it's finals and my dad has been here = I've had a million things on my mind and keep spacing it! Enjoy your week with your mom!

Becky Young said...

Too cute! I'm glad you guys are settling in and having a good time!

BrooklynKay said...

Ashton!
I love you and miss you lots! But I miss Camden more! Can you please ship him to me? Or maybe ship me to you?
Love,
Brooklyn!