Saturday, January 30, 2010

SNOW!

It's here! Snow in North Carolina! They have been predicting this storm all week and it has come! Camden and I went out for a few minutes this morning to check it out. I can't believe how much there is! Now that the snow has fallen, it is mostly just little pieces of ice falling from the sky, rather than snow.

We went to the store last night to stock up on a few last minute things, like D batteries. They were all gone! I finally found some on a random rack with some flashlights, so I picked up some batteries and an extra flashlight. While I was in the store, Calvin waited in the long line to fill up the truck with gas! Everything at the store was crazy! There were so many people there stocking up on food and water! The thing is that most of the stores shut down once the storm sets in because the roads are just so dangerous to travel on, with inexperienced people and a lack of snow removal vehicles. I haven't seen many tracks leading out of the parking lot this morning! Right as I came out of the store, the snow started falling! I just can't believe how warm it was yesterday morning, and how cold it progressively got throughout the day. Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Bah! Now I know why there's no snow here! IT'S ALL IN NORTH CAROLINA!!!!