Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Fun at Home






Well, not a lot of new things are going on. I'm just trying to get our house caught up on cleaning from our busy summer. Calvin never runs out of things to do for school. I've enjoyed getting into a routine. On Monday mornings, Camden and I run errands; go to the grocery store, the bank, the post office, etc. I've started planning dinners and shopping for the ingredients. I never knew how much easier it was to make dinner at night if you already had something planned and you had all the ingredients! I used to go to the store and just get whatever I saw that I thought I'd need, and then when I would get home, I would wonder what I had spent all that money on! Now I have the right things to make some good dinners. I have fun trying lots of new things. Last night we had Indian beef curry stew, tonight we're going to have some catfish.

Camden is growing every day! He is getting stronger and more active. He has one little tooth that is breaking the surface on the bottom, and a couple that are almost there on the top. Here are some pictures of him pushing up from his arms and trying to roll over. When he was just a week old, he could roll from his stomach to his back. He was able to do that for a few weeks, but since then, he hasn't been able to. That belly just got a little too big. So he's doing pretty good and I think he'll be there soon!
Last Saturday, Camden and I went up to the lodge for the grand pool opening and BBQ. Here are some pictures of the awesome new pool with Brooklyn and her friend Liz, and the very good BBQ with Emily and my Dad.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The lodge has a pool now! That's awesome! It looks really different, just from the couple pictures you have up. I'll have to get back up there soon! And your little Camden is adorable with beautiful big eyes! And what an amazing kid to roll over at a week! You must be one proud mom!