Friday, October 3, 2008

Mission Reunion & Salsa Making

Tonight was Calvin's mission reunion. Calvin loves to go and see all of his old mission buddies and relive the great days with all of them. I go to support Calvin and let him show off his amazing wife and his adorable baby boy. Well, tonight I had Camden with me, and as nine o'clock approached, it was time for us to leave. Nine o'clock is Camden's bedtime. So I said farewell, and loaded Camden into the car. He screamed the whole way home. By the time I got off the freeway in Spanish Fork, it was so bad, I had to stop. I pulled over in the first parking lot I came too and quickly unbuckled him from his seat. I calmed him down for a while, then gave him a bottle. He finished that, and seemed calm enough, so I buckled him in and made the rest of the trek home. Then I put him to bed, and now I'm just waiting for Calvin to call and say he's on his way home.

On another note, I had my first adventure in salsa making and bottling yesterday. The whole thing went pretty well. I got 11 pints of salsa and all of them sealed :) When I first took them out of my pressure cooker, about half of the lids weren't sealed, and I was pretty disappointed. However, little did I know, that if you just let them sit for a little while, they will seal, and they all did. I think it tastes pretty good...if you want a jar, let me know!



Here's a little video of Camden and the new noises he is learning to make!



2 comments:

BrooklynKay said...

I love Camden!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bear River Lodge Blog said...

Keep up the great work on the blog. This is fun. This is the first time I visited. I really enjoy the videos.

Good luck with all you have going on and good luck to Calvin with school.

Let us know when you get the results from the Law School applications.

Dad