Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A New Brother

What a great weekend! Amy and Danny are now Mr. and Mrs. Huffmire. We are so happy for them and happy to have a new brother (in law)! It was certainly a big day. Camden and I went up the day before to help with all of the preparations. I got to go with Amy and my mom to get manicures...my nails turned out very dark red! Then we just took care of all the last minute items! The wedding day was perfect weather. The ceremony was beautiful and Amy and Danny looked great. The dinner at the Joseph Smith Building was so pretty and turned out good too. The day was so busy that I didn't even get to take any pictures on my camera! The photographer (who took the pictures for my wedding, she's great!) took some really good ones though of our cute little Camden in his adorable suit (thank you Winder family!) so I really can't wait to see those.

I had so much fun making a wedding video for Amy and Danny. We put pictures from throughout their lives and then some at the end of them together. At the end of the video, I interviewed them and they told the story of how the fell in love. The video turned out great...with just a few kinks in the actual showing during the wedding dinner. When we finished taking pictures and were just getting ready for the guests to arrive, I realized that I had left the DVD at home. I tried to burn a new copy, but with no success. Luckily I had asked Calvin to bring our cables that would hook my computer up to a projector. I had to run from the Joseph Smith Building to the Conference Center parking lot in my heels to get the cables. Once we got the video file playing, it only went for the first 5 minutes, then started over. Amy cut her cake as a distraction, and when they were done with that, we were able to play the video from the program I made it in and then it went smoothly. Needless to say, next time, don't forget the DVD!! It really was fun and if anyone knows someone who is getting married and would like a video...let me know! Look how cute they are!

After the wedding, Calvin and I stayed in Farmington for the night because Calvin had to go show a cabin at the lodge on Saturday. He came back and we let the grandparents watch Camden while we went to dinner and a movie. It was a lot of fun, but we realized how old we are getting when we were so tired driving home at midnight.

We brought back all of Amy and Danny's presents, and on Sunday, they came to claim them. I thought I should have at least been able to keep a few for a delivery fee! But I gave them all back :) We fed them dinner (apparently they hadn't eaten all day) and watched them open presents. It was a lot of fun to have them over.

This week has been good! I've been doing a lot of work in the office, creating a promotional email to sell some Christmas gift certificates. I've already sold quite a few, so it has turned out to be a really good promotion. We have started feeding Camden rice cereal. He really likes it. He thinks it's some kind of game and ends up spitting a lot of it out when he is laughing. It was so funny the first time, he thought it was a lot of fun. He's doing good though, he ate a good amount, so that is fun. One more week on this, then we'll try some vegetables :)




Camden is also starting to move around a lot more! He can roll from his back to his stomach and stomach to back. I have learned that I definitely need to buckle him in and watch where I set him down!

Last week we had Cafe Rio salad night...I made everything from scratch and it turned out so good! Everything was just like Cafe Rio; sweet pork, fresh guacamole and pico de gallo, creamy tomatillo dressing, cliantro on top-right down to the cheese melted on the tortilla. My favorite!

1 comment:

DannyandAmy said...

Thanks Ashton for all your help with the wedding! Everything was wonderful! And thanks to both you and Calvin for feeding us and lending us a bed! We finally got our own, so we'll be returning yours shortly! Love you lots! Can't wait to see you again!